Monday

Question One

1) In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conversations of real media products?

Question One-script

My music magazine followed and did not deviate from the codes and conventions of a music magazine, I followed the codes and conventions through out the production of my magazine by having a main image used directly in the middle of the front cover.

I put my title at the top of the page in a distinctive colour so that it would catch the audience’s eye therefore doing its job to sell a magazine, I followed the codes and conventions for this task as all other music magazines have their title at the top of the page and in a bold font to grab the audiences attention.

I included a date at the top of the page just under the title so it is easy for the audience to find and know when the magazine was published, not all magazines have their date at the top of the page, some print it near the barcode, I placed my date at the top of that page so my work didn’t look cramped together and hard to read.

I looked at music magazines and saw that they had used a range of fonts through out their magazine; I used a range of fonts throughout the whole of my magazine production so the audience would not get bored by just seeing the one font, which followed the codes and conventions of a music magazine.

I used a different range of sizes to each font so that certain things would stand out to the audience more as they were the most important thing’s, magazines that I had researched had made their most important articles stand out the most.

All images that contain people and have a close camera angle all have eye contact with the camera meaning they have a direct address to the audience as if they are looking at the reader themselves this also applies to the codes and conventions of a music magazine as atleast one person on a front cover has to have eye contact with the camera.



Annotated front cover




Annotated Contents Page





Annotated Double Page Spread




Comparison of my magazine to a main stream music magazine.



No comments:

Post a Comment